Publication Feesa. This journal is entirely maintained and funded by the Department of English at East Delta University.b. No fees are levied on the author(s) for submission or publication (subject to university policy until further notice).
Language and InclusivenessAs a part of research ethics, the author(s) should carefully check the manuscript for issues listed herewith. However, these directions are to be considered as "datum points" provided that absolute and conclusive regulations are hard to attain in this regard. The editorial body will practice its power of discretion to reach any judgement in cases like these.
Language and Inclusiveness
- Articles are published in English only. Any other expression must be translated and clearly mentioned in the manuscript.
- The editorial office will not proofread any manuscript and holds the right to reject any submission if the language is below the acceptable level. Authors are to proofread the manuscript and bring necessary changes before submission.
- The use of inclusive language is a must. No part of the document should contain or promote, directly or indirectly, any stereotype, abusive or hate speech, slang, prejudice, bias, favouritism, unsolicited cultural assumption, or racism in any form. This statement also rules out the author’s right to use any expression that might create political or religious disorder in a particular context.
- The overly ornamental, idiomatic, or colloquial tone should be avoided.
- Uses of first/second person, gender markers, and personal identifiers relating to gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, or culture should be avoided unless they are valid and essential for the argument. Examples include generic male/female descriptors (he/she), authorial references (I/we), and highly predictable designators (name of any person or institution).
Authorshipa. Any person making a significant contribution to the study must be mentioned as an author, and the names should be ordered by that credence, rather than designation or experience (for multi-authored papers).b. All contributing authors must agree to submit the paper. The cover letter should declare this and the role of each contributor is to be briefly mentioned (for multi-authored papers). c. In such cases, one of the authors must be declared as the corresponding author with an asterisk mark on the top right corner of his/her name.d. He/she must be the first point-of-contact for the editorial office, and all the requirements or further activities after submission are to be undertaken by the corresponding author.
Publication Ethicsa. Authors are strongly advised to follow the international standards of publication ethics as defined by COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics).b. “Responsible research publication: International standards for authors” by Wager, E., & Kleinert, S. (2011) should be consulted before preparing the manuscript for submission.
Academic Malpracticea. After submission, all the manuscripts will be scrutinised using plagiarism-checking software, and any submission containing 20% or more copied content will be rejected unless the author(s) succeeds in presenting a logical explanation.b. Plagiarism, copyright violation, unlawful authorship, undisclosed acknowledgement, or any other sort of malpractice will be dealt with utmost sincerity if discovered or reported.c. The editorial office reserves the right to disown or retract any article through the issuance of corrigendum and take pertinent legal steps in case any reported dispute is proved against the author(s). In such cases, the Academic Steering Committee (ASC) headed by the Dean of the School of Liberal Arts and Social Science will investigate further, and an official statement will be issued within 45 days after the claim is admitted.d. While using copyrighted materials, appropriate references must be provided.
Distribution and Reproductiona. The Publication Agreement Form (PAF) and Creative Commons License (BY-ND) allow the author(s) to reproduce their articles provided that proper attribution has been stated.b. Where the copyright is retained by the author(s), the editorial office reserves the privilege to publish the full-length articles in print and on the website and the right to use the metadata for promotional activities as deemed necessary by the East Delta University authority. East Delta University Central Library might also use such data for cataloguing each issue.c. In certain circumstances, if any author wishes to submit any material previously published elsewhere, the journal reserves the right to accept or reject the request based on the decision made by the ASC. Such assessments are subject to several parameters, e.g., written approval from the original publisher is provided, or the study addresses any critical issue that can considerably substantiate the current call for paper.
Distribution and Reproduction
Hostinga. The articles will be hosted separately under the East Delta University website (https://palimpsest.eastdelta.edu.bd). b. The journal does not support hosting supplementary materials, e.g., audio/video files, additional images other than the one(s) used inside the text, or any other data type. c. Such information (if any) should be listed under appendices in the manuscript, and the material should be submitted as supplementary files while making a preliminary submission to be used during peer review.
Data Privacy Statementa. The journal does not manipulate personal information (author’s name, email address, institutional details, or any other data) for any purpose except for the ones stated under publication ethics.b. No particulars or descriptors are shared with any third party.
Data Privacy Statement